';
side-area-logo

Barbera d’Asti

Azienda Agricola Il Botolo | Barbera d'Asti
  • Image
    TERROIR CHARACTERISTICS

    Origin: from the vineyards of the Estate in Nizza Monferrato, Piedmont
    Altitudine: 200 m a.s.l
    Size of vineyard: 4,64 Ha
    Exposure: Various
    Type of soil: clayey
    Vine planting density: 5000 vines/Ha
    Vineyard training system: guyot
    Age of vines: more than 25 years old

  • Image
    WINE TASTING NOTES

    Ruby-red in color, it has an intense aroma with a good winy scent, smooth, medium body and long-lasting well balanced aftertaste.

  • Image
    TECHNICAL NOTES

    Grape variety: 100% Barbera
    Vineyard practice: hand-harvesting
    Wine-making method: fermentation in stainless steel tanks
    Ageing method: 5 months in stainless steel tanks and 2 months in the bottle
    Bottle: bordolese medium cc 750

  • Image
    PAIRING

    It pairs with appetizers, pasta dishes with meat and all menus featuring white and red meat and with aged cheeses

  • Image
    SUGGESTED SERVING TEMPERATURE

    between 16°-18°C (61°-65°F)

The Barbera vine variety has been cultivated for over 500 years and today is considered to be Piedmont’s principal red grape variety, also thanks to the pedoclimatic conditions that are particularly favorable for its ripening. Barbera grapes cover about 30% of the 43,000 hectares of vineyards in the region. From its highly valued grapes, producers obtain Barbera d’Asti with special organoleptic qualities.

Barbera grapes are cultivated on the sunniest hills in Asti and Monferrato areas and are usually harvested around mid to end September. Barbera d’Asti is usually vinified in steel to yield fresh and more immediate wine, but the use of casks and barrels has been developed over the years. Barbera d’Asti was accredited with DOC status in 1970, and DOCG status followed in 2008. Under the DOCG rules, a minimum of 90% Barbera grapes must be used; the remaining 10% may be made up of other non-aromatic red grape varieties, which may be cultivated in the Piedmont region. According to disciplinary regulations, Barbera d’Asti must have a minimum total alcohol content of 12% volume.

Barbera d’Asti il Botolo is made up of 100% Barbera grapes from vines of over 25 years in age and is vinified in steel. Ruby-red in color, it has an intense aroma with a good winy scent, smooth, medium body and long-lasting well-balanced aftertaste. It is safe to say that Barbera d’Asti is one of the most evolving red wines around, and that thanks to its quality and quantity, it can meet the needs of the most curious and demanding consumers around the world.

OUR WINES

Maximum expressions of the Piedmont territory

NIZZA DOCG

BARBERA D’ASTI SUPERIORE DOCG

BARBERA D’ASTI DOCG

PIEMONTE DOC CHARDONNAY BARRIQUE

PIEMONTE DOC CHARDONNAY

BRACHETTO D’ACQUI DOCG

MOSCATO D’ASTI DOCG